Thursday 2 December 2010

Outside shots

I've decided to shoot my entire film outside rather than in, as i think the isolated, lonely look is the direction i want to give my film, as it reflects on the character of Ian Curtis' emotion, as he's torn between his two loves, wife Debbie, and lover Anik, he feels trapped so removes himself from the situation. I want my film to have a cold isolated look to it, with one centeral character, and many shots of location. I want to focus the character to one half of the screen in most of my shots, leaving more space for landscape to convey emptiness.

the above image is something of the style i want to go for within the film. You can see more of the landscape than character as he looks more on his own, which can take you more into the mind set.

No comments:

Post a Comment